What We Do
Effective estate planning is essential to help reduce future estate taxes, increase family wealth, and ensure that assets pass effectively and efficiently from generation to generation.
At Baron Silver Stevens Financial Advisors, estate planning is a detailed process that takes careful planning and consideration. Tax and estate regulations frequently change. Individual circumstances and families also experience change.
We work closely with a clients’ chosen attorney and CPA® to provide advice on the latest techniques for helping to reduce taxes and preserve assets for future generations. Our process includes:
- Gaining a full understanding of the client and their family’s dynamics, goals, and objectives
- Reviewing existing estate planning documents and providing a written summary explaining legal documents in simplified terms
- Identifying the need for and discussing the implementation of succession plans and exit strategies for clients who are business owners
- Discussing any charitable intentions of the client
- Reviewing any current life insurance policies and recommending new life insurance when necessary
- Developing and communicating a written customized estate plan that meets the specific goals and objectives
- Working with the clients’ chosen attorney or recommending attorneys to implement the customized estate plan. This will often include executing new will and trust agreements, re-titling assets, and executing new beneficiary designations.